Web/Database Developer graduates design and develop dynamic, data-driven web sites for small to mid-size businesses. Highline works closely with industry to ensure that students are learning the most relevant and marketable skills. Students participate in a capstone project for a small business in the community, complete an internship, and attend Emerging Technologies seminars.
Highline offers a two-year AAS Degree in Web/Database Development, as well as a number of short certificates. Most classes are available online and hybrid.
Emphasis & Technologies
- HTML5 and CSS 3
- Database Technologies (MySQL)
- Web Programming (PHP, Ajax)
- Content Management Systems (WordPress)
- Mobile App Development
- Agile Software Development, Versioning, and Project Management
- Front end & back end programming
- Debugging and testing
* The AAS Degree in Web/Database Development is not a transfer degree, with the exception of Central Washington University’s (Des Moines campus) BAS ITAM (BAS in Information Technology and Administrative Management), Highline College’s BAS in Cybersecurity and Forensics, and BAS programs available at other colleges. If you are interested in transferring to another four-year university, see the Computer Science Transfer degrees.
Contact Rav Kang
Web & Computer Science
Careers in technology fields are growing fast! Web Development jobs are expected to increase by 22 percent between 2010 and 2020. That amounts to 65,700 new jobs. As a graduate of Highline College, you will be fully prepared to fill those new jobs.